3845 N. Meridian
Indianapolis, IN 46208
Think you’re up to snuff?
At NuOrbit Media, we are always looking for talented people who fit our values and culture. Are you passionate about web, mobile and App development? Do you find challenges exciting and not just frustrating? Do you have the kind of work ethic and high standards that drive you to deliver the highest quality results on every project? Do you want to be part of a team that loves innovation, creativity and collaboration? If this sounds like you, please check out our job postings listed below.
Application Developer or Application Engineer
We are looking for a Application Developer / Engineer to help build new web and mobile systems and layout the foundation for robust growth and expansion. This role will require substantial hands-on development as well as software design and analysis. A good candidate for this position must have an entrepreneurial spirt, a desire to work in a smaller a startup style company, and want to be a key contributor to its growth and success.
- Highly proficient in C#, ASP.NET development
- Strong knowledge of SQL; SQL Server & MySQL
- Experience in Identity & Entity Framework, WCF, and SignalR
- Strong knowledge of Applied Design Patterns (e.g. Identity, MVC, MVP etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Applied Object-oriented analysis and design principles
- Experience in creating, performance tuning and rolling out web applications
- Able to define architecture solutions that are sound and scalable
- Able to translate general business requirements into Technical, Architectural, & Design specifications and requirements
Nice to Haves:
- Able to properly configure and manage IIS (app pools, service accounts, etc.)
- Familiar with large scale hosting solutions / providers
- Familiar with other programming languages
- Experience in developing for a multi-node web based server environment
- Familiar with asynchronous and parallel programming
- Positive with a ?roll up the sleeves, and get it done? attitude
- Willing to wear multiple-hats in a ?start-up? like environment and take ownership
- Willing to share with others insights into development and training
- High collaborative and enjoy sharing both knowledge and learning from others
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Attention to detail, disciplined and reliable
- High motivation and confidence levels
- Desire and ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
Three (3) years of experience coding in ASP.net, C#, or MVC and working with relational databases. Two (2) years of experience in the design, development, QA, maintenance and implementation of web based applications in a multitier environment.
Lead UI/UX Interactive Designer
We are looking for a highly talented Senior Interactive Designer. This person will work as a member of the NuOrbit team and will help lead the conceptual development and execution of creative deliverables for web, mobile and tablet experiences.
This person needs to be a creative problem solver, an effective communicator, and will be responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the project team, developing original design concepts, executing designs base on established project and style guidelines, and leading visual design presentations to clients and the team.
Candidates who demonstrate a combination of strategic, conceptual, and high-end design skills are strongly preferred.
In this role, you will work with other members of our team to create Web sites, mobile and multimedia applications. This will include all aspects of design, from brainstorming and concept creation to development and final implementation.
Lead, inspire, and collaborate closely with an interdisciplinary team to ideate and translate project requirements into creative, thoughtful, and relevant work.
- Lead the identification and understanding of user requirements, business goals, and technical capabilities
- Manage the interactive design process: plan, delegate, oversee, drive decisions, track issues, present project deliverables, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
- Create wireframes, site maps, user flows, storyboards, working prototypes, and final, creative assets
- Develop concepts and clearly communicate ideas to clients and other team members
- Assess competitor and other relevant websites and apps and recommend user experience best practices
- Plan and conduct user requirements gathering and analysis, competitive research and usability testing
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually
- Understand and work within project parameters: client goals and requirements, internal goals, usability, technical constraints, as well as budget and schedule
- Strong knowledge and experience with UX/UI design
- Strong knowledge and experience designing intuitive functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation
- Strong design portfolio containing original work with 2+ years design and interactive work experience
- Strong knowledge of design and technical constraints across web, mobile, kiosk, and tablet
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project
- Must be able to function as an interactive design leader on projects as well as an individual contributor
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML, CSS and HTML5
- Solid understanding of responsive design
- Knowledge and experience with any of the following is strongly preferred: motion graphics, video production and editing, 3D animation, illustration, or copywriting
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and deliver projects on time and on budget
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and focus while under pressure
- Excellent attitude with the desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn
Please include a link to your online portfolio